Its been nine exciting years since the birth of Eclipse Chocolate, & tremendous things are in the works for many, many more! But all good things must come to an end; in a week our sign will go forever dark at our original El Cajon Boulevard location. But fret not, cocoa kiddies, in only a month we will re-open to the public in our new home in the heart of the neighborhood of South Park in central San Diego. The new Eclipse Chocolate Bar & Bistro has many surprises in store for everyone including:
- Daily service for our Sweet & Savory Brunch
- Full kitchen accommodations for a larger, enhanced brunch menu
- Available grilled panini & seasonal soup menu for all hours of operation
- Private dining room seating for 45
- Craft beer bar seating for 30
- Rotating selection of 8 local brews on tap & the West Coast’s best wines
- Larger retail area with new pastries, chocolates, & confections
Can you imagine it? My little chocolate company went & got all grown-up. Well it couldn’t have been without the enduring support of my team, friends, family, mentors, lenders, Kickstarters, & of course the regular patronage of our guests. And for that, I am truly & most humbly thankful. I couldn’t have done it without all of you!
And with only a month before our big opening, its time to start talking details! Mark your calendars, folks, because Saturday, February 2nd, 2013 is a day you will not want to miss! Check out all the exciting things going on:
- Tray-passed samples of the new winter menu for our Sweet & Savory Brunch (12-4pm)
- Platinum Ticket Finale Competition (4-6pm)
- Build-a-Bar Workshop (12-4pm)
- Charlie & the Chocolate Factory Costume Contest (3pm)
- A Year of Chocolate Raffle (12-6pm)
We’ll be open from 12-7pm & as you can see there will be a plethora of exciting things going on all day! Of course, our eight Platinum Ticket Bearers will compete to see who wins our LIFETIME SUPPLY OF CHOCOLATE, but many other prizes & awards will be given out throughout the day including a raffle that runs from 12-6pm. We’ll be drawing winners all day long for fun prizes & the winner of our costume contest will receive a one year supply of chocolate bars ($1000 value)! In total, we’ve got over $25,000 of delicious prizes to award. So come hungry, dressed as your favorite character from Charlie & the Chocolate Factory, & ready to dive into a complete day of indulgence. Cya soon, choco-philes!